Dekada ’70 Musical Returns in March 2020
Initially running from September 7-11 at Areté in Ateneo de Manila University last year, Lualhati Bautista’s “Dekada ’70”, adapted and directed by Pat Valera, returns in March 2020.
Starring Stella Cañete Mendoza as Amanda Bartolome and Juliene Mendoza as Julian Bartolome, “Dekada ’70” is the story of a family caught in the middle of the tumultuous decade of the 1970’s– the bombing of Plaza Miranda, the suspension of the writ of the habeas corpus, the proclamation of Martial Law, and the unlawful arrests of political prisoners.
Joining Valera (who also serves as dramaturg, co-composer and co-lyricist) in the creative team are Matthew Chang (music and lyrics), Dana Marquez (orchestrations), Ohm David (stage design), Meliton Roxas (lighting design), Jomelle Era (movement design), Hershee Tantiado (costume design), Eman and Pete Lacaba (additional text), Nicco Manalo (assistant direction), and D Cortezano (technical direction). The show is produced by Black Box Productions.
The company is calling for auditions. Interested participants can refer to the information below.
1. Applicants must be 18 years old and above; the production will not accept minors.
2. The production is only looking for actors, both male and female, who can sing, dance and portray characters ages 18-30 years old.
3. The production schedule will be from JANUARY 15 until MARCH 15, 2020. Rehearsals and performance venue will be in Quezon City. Applicants with schedule conflicts will not be accepted.
October 17 (THURSDAY)
6:00 PM – 10:00PM – AUDITIONS
October 18 (FRIDAY)
6:00 PM – 8:00PM – AUDITIONS
8:00 PM – 10:00PM – CALLBACKS
REGISTRATION STARTS 5:30 PM
Venue for Auditions
3rd Floor, FBR Arcade, Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City
Interested actors should fill up the AUDITION REGISTRATION FORM: bit.ly/dkd70auditions
*Applicants should have a GMAIL EMAIL ACCOUNT to register.
*Applicants will be asked to upload their RESUME.
*Applicants should read the details carefully.
In case there is a delay or challenge with the FORM, applicants can also email their RESUME with PICTURE to email@example.com.
Applicants should indicate the date of their auditions in the email.
Prepare the following:
1. Monologue or scene from any FILIPINO PLAY – MAXIMUM of (2) minutes
2. Song that showcases your vocal range – MAXIMUM of (1) minute
For inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.