Virgin Labfest 2024 Featured One-Act Plays Announced
The Virgin Labfest, which just closed its 2023 run last Sunday, has just announced the selected one-act plays for its 19th edition next year.
The 12 new plays which will be staged in 2024 are:
1. Sentenaryo by Herlyn Alegre
2. Vengeance of the Gods by Hans Pieter Arao
3. Si Hesus naa sa US by Neil Azcuna
4. Ningas by Lino Balmes
5. Ang Munting Liwanag sa Madilim na Sulok ng Isang Serbeserya sa Maynila by Dustin Celestino
6. The Foxtrot by Chesie Galvez-Cariño
7. The Divine Family by Dip Mariposque
8. Love on the Brain by Rick Patriarca
9. Sa Babaeng Lahat by Elise Santos
10. Pagkapit sa Hangin by Joshua Lim So
11. Identité by Jhudiel Clare Sosa
12. Abo-Kaykay Ang Ikalawang Yugto by Ara Jenika Vinzon
The 12 untried, untested and unstaged plays were selected from the 145 submissions received early this year. The selection committee was composed of festival directors Tess Jamias and Marco Viaña, together with VLF founders Writers Bloc Inc’s Rody Vera and director-playwright Herbie Go.
The three plays from this year’s VLF that will be revisited next year are Zheg Arban’s Room 209, directed by Delphine Buencamino; Andrew Estacio’s Ang Awit ng Dalagang Marmol, directed by Nazer Degayo Salcedo; and Dingdong Novenario’s Dominador Gonzales, National Artist, directed by George de Jesus III.
You can watch the online announcement below.