How to Stagedoor in Manila 2023
The magic of theater doesn’t end when the curtain falls. For many, the thrill of meeting your favorite actors and actresses at the stagedoor is an integral part of the theater-going experience.
But how do we ensure that this tradition remains enjoyable and respectful for everyone involved and avoid incidents that mar the theater experience for both audience and actors alike?
What is Stagedooring?
Stagedooring is the act of waiting by the stage door after a show to catch actors leaving the theater for some autographs and photos.
It’s an age-old tradition that allows fans to connect with their favorite theater actors. However, it’s important to remember that this is a privilege, not a right. Actors are under no obligation to meet fans after a show, and we should respect their decision whether they choose to do so or not.
What to Expect at the Stagedoor?
When you decide to stagedoor, you should be prepared for a variety of outcomes. Some actors may be more than happy to sign autographs and take photos, while others may prefer to keep to themselves. Remember, they’ve just given their all on stage, and they might be tired or need to rest their voices.
What to Do at the Stagedoor?
Here are some key points to remember when you’re at the stagedoor:
- Patience is key. Don’t rush out during the curtain call just to get to the stagedoor first. Wait until the show is completely over before you make your way there.
- Respect personal space. Don’t touch or hug actors without their consent and do not attempt to go into restricted areas not designated for fans or audiences.
- Show appreciation to all cast members. Every member of the cast contributes to the success of the show. Show appreciation to the ensemble members you see meeting theater fans at the stage door, too.
- Be considerate of other fans. Don’t push or shove when you’re in line for autographs. Also, try not to take too long with each actor so that other fans also get a chance to meet them.
- Say thank you. Remember, actors aren’t required to meet fans after the show. If they choose to do so, make sure to thank them for their time.
Even though the threat of COVID-19 has significantly decreased this year, it’s still important to take precautions. Always bring a mask with you to the theater, and listen out for any announcements during the show about whether stagedooring will be taking place.
Stagedooring is a Privilege
Stagedooring can be a wonderful experience, but it’s important to approach it with respect and consideration for both the actors and your fellow fans.
Next time you’re at a show, why not try stagedooring? We also put together this handy guide helping fans find where stagedoors are at most theaters in Manila.
Just remember to follow stagedooring etiquette and respect everyone above all–you’re sure to have a great time!