“The Lion King” International Tour to Hold Auditions for Young Simba and Young Nala
“The Lion King” International Tour, which began its run in Manila at The Theatre at Solaire in 2018, is holding another audition call for Young Simba and Young Nala. Homegrown Filipino kids who were part of the tour included Juan Gabriel Tiongson, Julien Joshua Dolor, Omar Uddin, Marcus Cabais, Jayden Lionel Ingram, and Ian Albert Magallona as Young Simba, and Felicity Kyle Napuli, Sheena Bentoy, and Uma Martin as Young Nala.
According to the show’s website, the tour is set to go to Taiwan, Thailand, Hong Kong, and South Africa.
The open auditions will be held on July 11, 2019, from 10am-5pm, at the Zobel de Ayala Recital Hall of the BGC Arts Center. Registration will close at 4pm.
Interested participants must:
1. Be prepared to sing the last verse of Just Can’t Wait to be King.
2. Bring a 3R (headshot), birth certificate, and be prepared to fill out a registration form upon arrival.
3. Be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
*Parents must remain at the audition site at all times and must be prepared to wait.
Character descriptions are as follows:
1. Young Simba- To play male cub aged 9 to 12. Looking for a natural actor/singer who is able to move well and able to play the future King of the Pridelands. A natural talent with charm and charisma who can hold the stage on his own with confidence. Looking for kids with personality.
2. Young Nala- To play female cub aged 9 to 12. Looking for a natural young actress/singer who is able to move well. Looking for a confident young lady cub to keep Simba in his place. A natural talent with personality, confidence, and strength.
*No performance experience necessary.
You can watch Juan Gabriel Tiongson, Julien Joshua Dolor, Omar Uddin, Felicity Kyle Napuli, Sheena Bentoy, and Uma Martin perform “The Circle of Life” with the international cast of The Lion King in the video below.
For further inquiries, call 0917-8381534 or email email@example.com.