Alongside these hit musicals, PETA is also coming out with six new works under their digital festival, “K.E.-POP: Kalinangan Ensemble Performers Overcoming a Pandemic” running from November 27 to 29 and December 4 to 6.
These six new works, offered in 2 sets, feature works written and produced by PETA Lab during the pandemic. Each set can be purchased for viewing at Php 120.00 each.
- Maskian is a dance piece on mask-wearing throughout history until the pandemic, written and choreographed by Carlon Matobato
- WFH is a Zoom-based theater piece on the struggles of employees during quarantine, written by Michelle Ngu and directed by Meann Espinosa
- Hello is a devised work about isolation amongst young people, directed by Ian Segarra and Keiko Yamaguchi
- Finding Z is a play on mental health written by Jean Gladys Vicente and directed by Ian Segarra and Julio Garcia
- Harinawa is a play on extra-judicial killings in the Philippines, written by Michelle Ngu and directed by Lotlot Bustamante
- Second Set: 2 Meters Apart is a docu-musical about the experiences of parents, teachers, children, and frontliners during the COVID-19 pandemic directed by Norbs Portales with music by Ada Tayao
The company is also showing a full-length documentary, Living Voices, about their 54 year history directed by Dudz Terana.
You can get tickets to this digital festival via KTX.ph