The Cultural Center of the Philippines has announced this year’s ‘Gawad CCP Para sa Sining’ Awardees.
It’s the highest award given by the institution to artists and cultural workers with outstanding achievements and contributions to Philippine arts and culture.
This year, twelve individuals, a performing group, and a publication have been given the award. Including Tanghalang Pilipino founder Felix “Nonon” Padilla, Ballet Philippines pioneer Rafael Catalino “Nonoy” Froilan, choreographer Antonio Fabella, and the performing group, the Integrated Performing Arts Guild (IPAG).
Here’s the complete list of this year’s awardees:
- Rafael Catalino “Nonoy” Froilan for Dance
- Raul M. Sunico for Music
- Felix “Nonon” Padilla for Theater
- Luis “Junyee” Yee, Jr. for Visual Arts
- Lualhati Bautista for Literature
- Clodualdo “Doy” del Mundo, Jr. for Film and Broadcast Arts
- Cristina Turalba for Architecture
- Kenneth Cobonpue for Design
- Integrated Performing Arts Guild (IPAG) for Culture of its Region
- Nestor Horfilla for Cultural Work and Research
- Liwayway Magazine for Development of Philippine Culture
- Antonio Fabella for Dance (Posthumous)
- Alice Guillermo for Cultural Research (Posthumous)
Additionally, Philippine culture and arts patron Danilo Dolor will receive the “Tanging Parangal” for the development and support of the arts.
Due to quarantine and social distancing measures, the awarding ceremony will be scheduled in 2021.